Saturday, August 21, 2010

G3 - Grateful for the Green Kids

I've been enjoying all the conversations between my nieces and nephews on Facebook. And I have also been enjoying the times that I have been able to see them lately. The three nieces and one nephew are children of my brother, David, and my late sister-in-law, Linda. I appreciate them so much for the good adults and the good parents that they have grown up to be.

I think I also need to say that I am grateful to their mother for being the force that held their family together. She was always "there" for her children, and obviously gave them the values that have allowed them to be the kind and loving people they are today. I also am grateful to their dad because he obviously gave them his lively mind and quirky sense of humor.

You see I grew up as the fifth and youngest child, and the only daughter in my family. I must say that my brothers were mostly very good to me and protective of me. But the conversations in our family were lively and very, very funny. All my brothers possessed the quirky kind of sense of humor I am talking about. Now, being with my nieces and nephew, and reading their on-going dialogues on Facebook, carries me right back home and being with my brothers. So, thanks, Green Kids, for
allowing me these trips back in time. It is a most unique gift to receive.

So, thanks, Green Kids. I know your parents are very proud of all of you. You have turned out to be the nicest kind of people----and also very, very funny! I am proud of you, too, and love you all very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment