Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The New and Improved Interior

This is the overall view of the doll house after the completed redecorating.  I removed all the old wallpaper.
This was quite a job, even in a doll house.  I would hate to do that job in a REAL house.  It took a lot of soaking and scraping.  But I do like the new, clean, fresh colors.

Don repainted the outside and all the wood trim.  We removed all the old electrical wiring because it was exposed and really ruined the look of the inside walls.  Also, the old, old lamps were no longer functional.
So we replaced the lighting with new, battery powered ceiling lights.  They work and the rooms have a nice glow.  They are just one touch on and one touch off.

The windows all had curtains and some had valances.  I have washed and ironed all of them, but I am really liking the bare windows.  What do you think?   For now I am planning to enjoy the stripped down look.

Tomorrow I will begin with the heart of  the home, the kitchen.  The thought of our various kitchens spur so many memories.  I suppose that is the way with most families, because that is the time of day and the place where families gather.

So, til tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment