Saturday, May 10, 2014

Our Little Slice of Heaven

I told Don the other day that I wasn't too worried about heaven because I have already been there....sort of.
When I sit in my very own special reclining porch chair and look north, this is what I see.
And you can see that Don has been busy enjoying and working in our yard.  He has made it very beautiful this spring.
The surprise flower bed has been busy surprising us with whatever decides to pop up.  And the neighborhood bird population entertains us with jolly pool parties.  They are so funny when they are bathing.
Don has cleared out all the old shrubs from in front of the porch and planted new shrubs and added flowering pots.  He has decided on pink this year, and informed the "kids" to buy me pink flowers for Mothers Day.  He believes in getting things organized!
I have already received one pink potted flower from Randy and Elaine.  He brought it when he came last Sunday from Cincinnati. AND he hadn't even gotten the message from Dad.  He just made a lucky guess at what color to buy.  It IS a beautiful planter.  I love it.
Lilacs happen to be one of my favorite flowers.  These are miniature lilac bushes which were here when we bought our house.  They were tiny, tiny when we moved in, but have grown nicely over the years.  Ahhh...
love the fragrance.
Our goose "came here to roost"  the summer that a pair of real Canadian geese decided to make our yard their home.  We enjoyed watching them, but didn't enjoy the mess they made.  Don couldn't stop laughing when Mr. Goose chased me back into the house!  I wasn't about to mess with that guy.  That next week Taylor and Don came riding back home on the riding lawn mower with the plaster goose.  They found it in someone's trash.  They thought I needed her to remember my scary goose moment.
We feel so fortunate that we get to live here in this beautiful spot, and with a lovely porch from which to enjoy our slice of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment