Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hello Sunshine! Hello Blue Skies!

So, today I heard from the doctor.  He has looked at the bone scan results.  There is no cancer or infection.
So that is very good.  He says that there are signs that something is happening with the replacement joint, loosening or something.  Next week at our appointment we will discuss what is to be done.  But anyway, I am relieved and looking forward that perhaps this can be corrected.
So Don and I set out to take a little mini trip like I dreamed about yesterday.  Ours was a scaled down version, because most of the time today was waiting for the phone call.  I did go to Hobby Lobby and spent my gift certificate that Bob and Elaine gave me for Christmas.  I want a MOST SPRING LIKE door decoration.  I am determined by strong will power and positive actions to bring Spring to town.  Here is the decoration that we are now enjoying every time we enter the house.
We then tried to go to the new shop downtown called "Three Birds on a Wire."  These three lady friends have had a booth at the antique mall, and it has been my favorite booth to visit.  They have decided to open their own shop.  However, when we arrived today, it was closed because of a "Pet Emergency", the sign said.  Well, we all know about those, don't we?
So we decided to go to Mounds Park and enjoy the bird viewing room at the Nature Center, since it was such a lovely day.  And it was fun.  Such a neat place to watch the many birds that visit the feeders.  And they have a little pond with a pump fed water feature.  Beautiful day for the visit.  We saw a handsome red-headed woodpecker and tried to get his picture.  But he wouldn't stay in one visible spot long enough.
It was a great afternoon.  We are so thankful to have such a nice day after all this winter weather.  It makes us hopeful that, after a bit more Winter, Spring may happen sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment