Sunday, February 23, 2014

All Strung Out

See my new stand of beads?  Well, I spent most of the weekend making strands of such beads.  I used the paper beads that I have made over a long period of time.
At various times I have taught several people how to make the beads, and I always make a batch as I am showing them how.  Anyway, I decided to get out all my stash of beads and string some of them into necklaces.
It was fun, relaxing, and required almost no thinking whatsoever.  And, at the same time, Don kept me posted as to the scores of all his various games he was watching.  So it made for a very nice week end in our cozy little sun-filled den.
We did leave the house twice:  for supper at Frisch's on Saturday evening, and lunch today at Subway.
Our neighbor, Cindy, brought us a great big bowl of chicken and noodles this evening, so we had a very nice hot supper.  She appreciated that Don had shoveled out her parking space last week.  Thank you, Cindy.
Here are some of the raw bead materials.  Just this evening I found a book full of the most beautiful hand painted papers.  So now, I have to make some more beads.  Look at the rainbow stripe bead, and the bluish printed ones.  Those are from the hand painted papers. Must make some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment