Saturday, April 19, 2014

Thankful


It is Thursday, and a beautiful spring day.  I am allowed only a light breakfast this morning.
But, thankfully, I can start the day with my usual dose of caffeine via a large mug of delicious morning coffee.

At one o'clock I take myself and my dry mouth to the Orthopedic Hospital Surgery Center to
get a cortisone injection in my lower back, which is to help the pain caused by a herniated disc.

I must say that they have a very friendly and efficient team at work there.  They take excellent care of their patients.  Dr. Blankenship was very kind and did a wonderful job.  They roll you into surgery, put you into La La Land, and do their job.  I was up and out of their in about an hour and a half.

I really do think my back and hip are feeling much better.  I don't know if I will ever be able to go without my cane again, but I am certainly not feeling the back pain that I have been having for years when I stand for any length of time.  
And that is JUST GREAT!



No comments:

Post a Comment