Sunday, June 22, 2014

Happy Fathers Day

Today is Fathers Day.  I celebrate, thankfully, having these two dads in my life.  I have always been lovingly cared for.
Above you see my Dad holding his grandson, Randy.  He did love his family very much, but took his job quite seriously.  He worked so hard to support his family, that it was hard for him to relax and have fun with his children.  I think he had a lot more fun with his grandkids, and he admired the kind of father that Don has always been, and the way that Don so thoroughly enjoyed his children.
We have all felt so securely cared for with Don as husband and father.  But, at the same time,  it has always been a lot of fun.  We have had many laughs.
Debra and Rod took their Dad out on Saturday evening for supper.  All the Smiths made a fun conference call from Cincinnati on Sunday, and the Hollomans came for a fun visit, complete with butter pecan ice cream.  Two dips......Dad's favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment