Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Very Good/Very Bad Day

Today we met Jan and David Bronnenberg at Anita's Kitchen in Pendleton, and enjoyed a delicious lunch and lovely visit with them.
The three of them all had the famous breaded tenderloin sandwich that is Anita's signature menu item.
I was stuck having soup and cottage cheese because last night I broke a tooth.  It is not totally broken bus is wiggling back and forth in my mouth.  When we leave Anita's we are going directly to the dentist's office so that Dr. Busing can take care of the catastrophe.

And what a catastrophe it turned out to be!  He broke the tooth right off at the gum line, and then had to literally dig out all the roots.  He was very good at controlling the pain, but it took him a good, long time to complete the job.

When I got home, my jaw really began to hurt as the deadening wore off, so I took two of Don's hydrocodone tablets.  Believe me, then I felt NO PAIN  anywhere.  I pretty much dozed through the rest of the day and night.

Dr. Busing even called the next morning to see if I was doing okay.

Okay...and glad that is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment