Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Swedish Chalet Dollhouse

I have just completed this pretty little dollhouse.  I think it may become one of my favorites.

I bid on this dollhouse on the Goodwill auction site, and was successful in getting it for about $7.00.  Boy, was that a lucky buy.  People have caught on to the bargains on this site, and have been bidding the items up to some pretty high prices.  I guess everyone was busy over the 4th of July holidays and forgot to check the auctions.
This is how it looked when we picked it up in Indianapolis.  It was dingy and dusty.  The front had these hidden wires for electricity that ruined the front when they were taken off.  However, it was really solid wood, sturdy, and well made.  It had been built by the Brio Toy Co.  in Sweden in the 1960's.

I have had a wonderful time with Don's help.  I sprayed old furniture all white and made new cushions.
I have made rugs, lamps, flower arrangements, books, etc. etc.  I papered all the walls and added hanging pictures that I made.  All together it was such fun, and is a delight to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment