Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow, Sleep, Eat, Snow, Sleep, Eat, Heelllp!

We are really into some deep, dark winter here. After several years of Indiana winters being relatively mild, this one is really hitting us. I have been home, I mean really at home for two whole days now. Yesterday it was the black ice, and my fear of falling. Today it was snow and more snow. Tonight it is getting really cold! I can feel it sneaking in around the windows. Tonight I have on my longest and heaviest flannel gown, my heaviest robe, socks, and bootie like slippers. They feel mighty good.

I swore that I would try and write in this journal every day, but there really isn't a whole lot to write about. I did skip yesterday, and I almost skipped tonight. In fact technically I did skip another day, because it is now 1:00 am. Yesterday I did finally push myself to clean out another closet, but it was about 2:00 in the afternoon before I could even work up that much steam. Don did go in and out. He met Chuck and Roger at Hoosier Park. It is Don and Chuck's regular day at their
"office." We had a tiny bit of soup and half a sandwich for lunch. Then in the middle of the afternoon I must confess that I had cookies and hot tea. Then when Don starting fixing supper VERY EARLY, I wasn't hungry. So I kept most of mine to microwave later on.

Today I was just about a total zero. Don did drive to Muncie because he was to take part in a case conference about his mother's care at the nursing home. I felt pretty sure that these are really formalities, probably required by government standards, but he felt he should be there, even if it meant driving through the snow.
He agreed when he got home, that it was probably a formality, but he learned some things, and was able to express some concerns. But, for the most part, all parties are happy with her progress. I had soup on to warm and had made egg salad for sandwiches when he came. Guess what? He had eaten a large breakfast at IHOP waiting for time to go to the conference! So this time he wasn't hungry. Geez, we're going to have to synchronize our appetites! If I were to summarize today, I would say that I spent the day waking up from many naps in order to get a bite to eat.
That pretty well says it all. And now, here it is 1:00 am, and I am totally wide awake! If I ever get to the place where I must stay home all the time, I shall probably do just that: sleep all day and stay up all night.

Tomorrow I may put on my snow shoes and walk to......where? Oh, just about anywhere.
Bad hip be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment