Friday, January 21, 2011

A Very Uneventful Friday

Friday, and I was determined that I would work at the library, in spite of all the snow. Don drove and we picked up Sarah. Ginny, Norma, and Patty also worked.
We didn't have a lot to do, but did manage to re-alphabetize and straighten many shelves. AND we took a nice long break with just- baked sugar cookies, and caught up on all the news, gossip, etc.

We took Sarah home, and then Don and I decided to eat at Bob Evans. We had a coupon for free tomato soup. We had our usual very good food, good service, and warmm friendly atmosphere. I love Bob Evans! I just now took their survey on-line, so I will get a free coffee next time. Good deal.

This evening we just watched TV as usual. I did have a long visit by phone with Cheryl. Taylor has started his new semester. Good for him, it looks like he may have a good last high school semester.His good friend, AJ, was crowned king of the homecoming dance at Daleville H.S. Congratulations, AJ. Taylor and AJ have been best friends since kindergarten. I watched a good movie called "Black Balloon." It is about a teen boy, his family, and their struggles to deal with his
autistic brother. Well acted. Good movie. I shall pass it on to Cheryl before I return it to Netflix, if she hasn't seen it. She deals with many autistic students at school.

Earlier in the evening I watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy as usual. I am trying to finish my latest Anne Perry mystery "The twisted Root", so I read through all commercial breaks. I think I shall now go to bed and read until I fall asleep.
Good night, dear Journal.

Whoops I forgot to share some big news! Sarah says that four-year-old grandson, Carter, is sure that he can win on American Idol this year. With the money he wins he plans to build a big house and have a thousand dogs. Well, good luck to Carter. His little dog who wears a Tu-tu will have a lot of company. (Now that is a whole different story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment